A downloadable game for Windows
Anathema is a love-letter to classic action-platformer series' such as Castlevania, Mega Man X, Ninja Gaiden and Ghosts 'n Goblins. Presented in HD using modern technology to pre-render sprites as seen in the mid-90's with games such as Killer Instinct and Donkey Kong Country. Players will fight through 12 stages of a highly detailed world that is out to destroy them. Enemies will be varied, powerups will be plentiful, bosses will be challenging and the controls will be tight.
- Run, double-jump, slide, climb walls and swing across chasms. Players have an extremely agile list of abilities to maneuver and explore environments.
- Explore a variety of levels ranging from haunted graveyards, living swamps, creaking shipwrecks, inner beasts and more. Each area brings new themes, challenges, enemies and threats.
- Motion comic styled cutscenes after each level to tell the story of Aurora and her quest with full voice acting.
- Permanently increase your maximum stats and abilities by exploring stages for powerups, relics, tomes and other secrets.
- Unleash an arsenal of abilities. Players can incinerate, mince, slash, blast and crush enemies in a variety of manners using various subweapons and special abilities. Players can also temporarily increase their stats to empower their attacks to even resurrect themselves should they die.
|Published||Jul 15, 2017|
|Tags||Action-Adventure, anathema, castlevania, Dark Fantasy, Fantasy, Horror, Medieval, Ninja, Retro, Story Rich|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, XBox 360 controllers, Gamepad (any)|
- Demo Version 1.1 AvailableAug 19, 2017